sexta-feira, julho 30

A Americana está boa de saúde e recomenda-se!!

A ouvir:

James Talley: "I Saw the Buildings", The Websters and Scott Nygaard: "Ten Thousand Miles", Sam Phillips: "Reflecting Light", Jim White: "Static on the Radio"

Static on The Radio, Jim White + Aimee Mann

3 A.M. I'm awakened by a sweet summer rain distant howling of a passing southbound coal train. Was I dreaming or was there someone just lying here beside me in this bed? Am I hearing things? Or in the next room, did a long forgotten music box just start playing? And I know ¾ it's a sin putting words in the mouths of the dead. And I know ¾ it's a crime to weave your wishes into what they said. And I know only fools venture where them spirits tread. Cause I know ¾ every word, every sound bouncing 'round my head. Is just static on the radio. Everything I think I know is just static on the radio. Midnight rendezvous with a pretty girl, wearing a torn and tear-stained gown. Like a ghost ship she appeared from nowhere on a lonely highway and flagged me down. I gave her a lift downtown to the Greyhound station and in the flicker of the neon lights, she kissed me goodbye, and in the mirror of her eyes I saw my own reflection. And I know ¾ the blind will sometimes lead the blind. And I know ¾ through shadow lands and troubled times. And I know ¾ forsaking love, we seek the signs. And I know ¾ of truths forever hid behind. The static on the radio. Everything I think I know is just static on the radio. Now there's a church house about a stone's throw down from this place where I been staying. It's Sunday morning, and I'm sittin' in my truck listening to my neighbor sing. Ten years ago I might have joined in, but don't time change those inclined to think less of what is written than what's wrote between the lines? 'Cause I know ¾ dreams are for those who are asleep in bed. And I know ¾ it's a sin putting words in the mouths of the dead. 'Cause I know ¾ for all my ruminations I can't change a thing. Still I hope ¾ there's others out there who are listening. To the static on the radio. Everything I think I know is just static on the radio. Ain't praying for miracles, I'm just down on my knees. Listening for the song behind everything I think I know. Everything I think I know is just static on the radio. Everything I think I know is just static on the radio.

0 Comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Subscrever Enviar feedback [Atom]

<< Página inicial